Monday, May 30, 2005

Have Some Soup!

As is traditionally the case, the first day at my new job was a combination of form-filling-in and laptop-configuring; but the people there seem very welcoming & friendly. During a chat with a couple of them, I also found out that they sponsor entries for the upcoming Sydney
marathon, half-marathon and bridge run, so I've put my name down to do the half (plus they pay for Anna to do it also if she wants). When I got home in the evening, I finally spotted my chance to go round and thank our neighbours for collecting our post for us while we were away. Through a combination of them being away and me being asleep with jet-lag, I had kept missing them until now. I had bought a bottle of Shiraz to thank them with, and on my arrival I was quickly called inside to have a chat and sample it with them. They also very generously offered me the opportunity to join them for dinner but, not wishing to impose, I made my excuses and left with a take-away container of vegetable soup. Chris

posted at 10:12 pm  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home