Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Evening Viewing

We visited the latest addition to the Murphy/Straffi family, both mother and baby are progressing very well. Anna was particularly keen & excited to meet Aran - and get a close look at how big the head was! Alessandra also gave us a few hints about the labour process, which I think could mostly be summed up as:
  • Get as much rest beforehand as possible
  • Once labour contractions start, stay at home as long as you feel comfortable, before going to the hospital
Prior to our hospital visit, I had another interesting viewing on my way home. Although Australia generally has a reputation for quite tough policing of the roads, the one area where they do seem to be a little lax is in the enforcement of
people using mobile phones. I quite often see people talking or texting while driving but, as I was riding the bus home yesterday evening, I happened to notice a driver in the lane next to us who was: I hope for everyone's sake that he didn't also end up in hospital later that evening! Chris

posted at 1:42 pm  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home