Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Book or Toy?

Plates

I forgot to mention yesterday that, at her second attempt, Anna was successful in getting her Australian driver licence - I'm assuming that she'll now be very keen to drive me all around Sydney, stopping at as many pubs as I like...

Anna was looking after both Caitlin and Willow again yesterday, so most of her day was spoken for there. When I got home Caitlin was in bed and Anna was practicing the violin before heading out for her evening course. Shortly after Anna left, Caitlin woke up for some attention, so I read her a story from one of her new books. It's not easy to tell if she enjoys being read to or not at the moment, as I sit her between my legs and hold the book in front of her so that she can see the pictures while I read. The end-result of this positioning being that she normally tries to bat the book and, if possible, get a corner into her mouth - in case you're wondering, yes, it is tricky to read while she's doing that!

After some food, drink and a bath she then settled quite quickly into what turned out to be a long sleep. We've become accustomed to her waking somewhere between 4 and 5 in the morning, but today she didn't wake until around 6:15. As we're used to her normal timing, Anna woke up earlier than Caitlin and couldn't resist the temptation to go and check that she was OK - which, of course, she was.

Chris

posted at 9:53 pm  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home